THE BEST LAYWERS
The 10 Best
Business & Commercial Lawyers in Brisbane
We Have Listed The Top 10 Business & Commercial Lawyers In Brisbane To Help You Choose The Best Professional Lawyer For Your Needs.
Liam Hennessy – Gadens
Liam advises leading financial services clients in relation to a wide range of funds management, regulatory structuring, licensing and compliance matters. He is dedicated to partnering with his clients to structure, enhance and protect their businesses in this challenging space by providing exceptional technical advice in a commercial and innovative way.
His clients comprise of financial services firms, including funds, banks, insurers and other lenders. His experience spans periods working in London, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. He has four university qualifications, including an LLM from Sydney University (advanced corporate governance) and Liam presents, commentates in the media e.g. the AFR and Australian and writes regular articles / maintains a weekly blog on funds management, regulatory, licensing and compliance issues. See: https://regulatorsweeklywrap.blog. He is a member of several committees e.g. Queensland Law Society’s Banking & Finance Committee, specialist think tanks e.g. Australian Centre for Financial Studies and sits as a director on a local charity board. He created and lectures the financial services regulation law course at Griffith University, and is an author for LexisNexis.
On the non-contentious side, Liam has considerable experience with structuring, licensing applications, privacy, risk, governance and regulatory compliance. On the contentious side, he has acted in many regulatory inquiries across multiple international jurisdictions. He has worked for leading banks, funds, corporates and individuals.
Recent mandates include the creation of a wholesale bank, the creation of retail / wholesale funds, assisting crypto businesses to set up, implementation of major regulatory reforms e.g. Financial Accountability Regime, creation of multiple financial and crypto products, AML / CTF frameworks reviews, financial services and credit licensing obligations. Liam has also structured and undertaken a wide range of internal investigations and risk reviews for clients in Australia, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom and other jurisdictions
Rouse Lawyers is an Australian commercial law firm that stands apart as a real alternative to large law firms with bloated overheads and slow delivery.
We are a team of specialist lawyers working in an efficient, technology-driven practice environment that gives us the ability to deliver top tier results and true value to our clients.
Rouse Lawyers maintains an edge in the market with a core group of commercial lawyers and a flexible network of external legal specialists based throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Your lawyer will take the time to understand the complex and ever changing commercial landscape which effects your business and business outcomes.
You can expect to receive streetwise and pragmatic legal advice when you need it. We take a collaborative approach and with legal experts in our nine practice areas, we have all of your commercial legal needs covered.
Cooper Grace Ward Lawyers
Leading business law firm, Cooper Grace Ward, provides a full range of advice and support on all aspects of corporate and commercial law from our office in the Brisbane CBD.
Our team brings a wealth of experience advising both public and private clients on general corporate and commercial matters across a broad range of industries.
With one of the largest corporate and commercial law practices in Queensland, our team has a depth of resourcing which allows us to take on substantial projects as well as manage increased works flows from our broad array of clients. We are experienced in working closely with in-house legal teams, with boards and senior management teams, and with operational managers and other staff, depending on the size of our client’s organisation and their specific legal requirements.
Cooper Grace Ward’s practice within this category is differentiated from our competitors by our breadth and depth of expertise and experience, cost-consciousness, commercially-focused outcomes, outstanding client service, and value-added services.
Our clients choose us and continue to work with our corporate lawyers because of our commitment to them and their businesses.
Our corporate and commercial law services
Cooper Grace Ward’s corporate and commercial law services include:
- mergers and acquisitions
- capital raising, including private equity and debt funding
- company law
- compliance systems and responses to investigations/prosecutions for alleged breaches of statutory duties
- constitutional matters
- contract law and contractual issues
- corporate governance and strategies
- directors’ and officers’ duties and liabilities
- drafting and advice on a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements, including marketing, distribution and licensing agreements.
Robinson Nielsen Legal
Our Mission Statement
Our Mission is Your Vision
Robinson Nielsen Legal serves you by helping you achieve your vision and successful business outcomes.
We take a genuine interest in you and the future of your business. Understanding your objectives, to meet or exceed your expectations, is the heart of what we do. We are dedicated to partner, protect and perform for you and your interests every day.
We work hard to provide superior legal services on a timely, effective, and efficient basis, while maintaining the highest standards of professional integrity.
For our firm, we foster an enjoyable working environment, based on open communication and mutual respect, where initiative, innovation, teamwork and loyalty are encouraged.
We will honour these ideals to deliver value to you and your business.
Helping Your Business Thrive
At Robinson Nielsen Legal our vision is to see you and your business thrive! We are more than just a Brisbane law firm. We are your partners.
We strive to handle each matter with the same accountability and responsiveness as if we were representing ourselves.
We focus our attention on the legal aspects of your business so you can focus your attention on the greater success of your business.
Our vision reflects our values: Listen, Care, Guidance, Honour and Connection.
We are dedicated to building and maintaining powerful relationships and networks of like-minded individuals and businesses all with a common goal; to be part of a greater social purpose to connect real people and real businesses in making a real difference.
Making a Difference
We Believe in Real Outcomes
As a boutique Brisbane law firm, we take our time to listen and understand your concerns and customise a solution that directly responds to your individual needs.
We take the emotion out of a situation or decision so you can focus on what is essential to you in your business.
We lead by example in all we do. We set the highest standards and ethics.
We want to be part of your team.
Partner, Protect and Perform.
Tucker & Cowen
A local Brisbane institution, Tucker & Cowen has been at the forefront of the Queensland legal community since 1998.
Led by the firm’s Principals Richard Cowen, David Schwarz and Justin Marschke, and co-founder David Tucker our team consists of over 20 respected and renowned lawyers.
Our philosophy – your advantage
Each member of the Tucker & Cowen team is dedicated to excellence and passionate about his or her field. Everything they aim to achieve on a daily basis stems from our firm’s philosophy of using best practice methods in every aspect of our legal services delivery. This is what has elevated our firm to market leader status among law firms in Queensland today.
Committed to delivering world-class legal services
Since its inception 20 years ago, Tucker & Cowen has strived to continue the tradition of strong leadership and a consistent accumulation of current industry knowledge. This commitment to tradition underpins our firm’s ethos and the premium level of service we promise you.
While Tucker & Cowen continues to evolve and grow, we will blend the greatest aspects of our heritage with the needs of today’s challenging and fast-paced world – always making you, our client, a priority.
Ultimately the strength and longevity of our client relationships dictate our success. That’s why we aim to forge successful working partnerships based on communication, uncompromising attention to detail, innovative technology, real partner interactions and a personal, responsive service that’s second to none.
Delaney & Delaney
At Delaney & Delaney, we believe that careful planning is the best way to protect your commercial venture.
At Delaney & Delaney, we have vast experience in commercial and business law.
We believe that careful planning and advice at the initial stages safeguard your business and assets.
Our commercial lawyers have vast experience in assisting clients at all stages of their commercial ventures. We can help clients to map out the best way to grow their business and realise their goals whilst protecting their assets. When times get tough, we can also help guide you through any litigation or dispute resolution process.
Our practice areas also include business sale and purchase contracts, commercial leasing, security documentation, shareholders’ agreements and commercial contracts generally. Contact us to find out how our commercial team can help you.
We can assist you with all aspects of Commercial and Business Law including:
Business and Asset Structures
Our solicitors can assist you to identify the most advantageous way to structure a new business or not-for-profit venture, by having regard to your individual goals and circumstances.
Loan agreements and Security Documentation
At Delaney & Delaney, we regularly act for both borrowers and lenders in relation to property, property development and business loans.
Our lawyers are able to assist you by taking the time to understand your business structure and the needs and concerns of shareholders, so that you create a Shareholders’ Agreement that is the right fit for you.
We act for landlords and tenants in a variety of commercial leasing situations, including shops, offices, surgeries, restaurants and training centres. Each lease is different and sets out the rights and obligations of the landlord and the tenant throughout the term of the lease and after it ends.
At Delaney & Delaney, we have a special interest in commercial contracts, including drafting and reviewing contracts, and giving pre-contractual advice. Contracts are a part of everyday life for many people and businesses, and provide a useful way to agree on what people’s rights and obligations are.
Buying and Selling a Business
Our experienced lawyers are able to guide you through the buying and selling process. We can give you peace of mind by helping you to avoid the possible pitfalls, and making sure you have a valid and binding contract.
We are business law specialists focused on the smaller end of town – Queensland based SME, private and family companies only. We help business people start, grow and exit businesses and resolve business disputes. Kafrouni Lawyers is not for public listed companies or companies where our relationship will not be with the founders or majority shareholders personally. We also won’t get on with companies that don’t want to play fair in business or with the people they deal with.
You’ll love Kafrouni Lawyers if:
- Your current lawyer does not “get” you or your business, only does the basics, is reactive, isn’t up with technology or doesn’t respond quickly.
- Your current business lawyer is great, but charges an arm and a leg or is always palming your work off to the junior staff (and sometimes many of them);
- You want a business and company law specialist that gets smaller businesses;
- You want a law firm that will talk to you in plain English, do what they say they will do and return your calls.
- You want a lawyer who will tell you upfront what it will cost, before you are charged a cent – so you can budget for what you need or decide upfront it’s not for you.
- You’ve been sued or have had to sue someone and want a firm that will help you proactively address legal risks before they cause you problems.
- You want a lawyer that will come to you.
- You want a lawyer that will roll up his sleeves and get down into the trenches with you.
- Since 1999, we’ve helped many business owners on their journey. We’re recognised for it.
Recent awards include, Joe Kafrouni, personally: “Family Business Lawyer of the Year in Australia“, our team: “Best Small & Medium Advisory Team – Australia” and our firm: “SME Law Firm of the Year“.
- Kafrouni Lawyers will help you successfully:
- Start a business;
- Grow a business;
- Exit a business;
- Manage your legal risks;
- Comply with the law;
- Negotiate and document transactions and contracts;
- Resolve contract disputes or shareholder disputes;
- Go about your business with confidence.
Phoenix Law & Associates
Phoenix Law: A Brisbane Law Firm With A Difference
When it comes to your legal matters, the best thing you can do is hire professionals who will take a practical, personal and compassionate approach. It’s not enough to simply under your case; you need someone who understands you as a person. Led by our director, Hideki Shimizu, the team at Phoenix Law & Associates provides multilingual legal services that assist the diverse communities in Brisbane and the Gold Coast every day of the year. Our team has the experience needed to assist you with a wide range of matters, from complex international business matters right through to highly personal family law cases, and everything in between. We work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for you, our client. As licensed members of the Queensland Law Society, we serve the public with fairness and professionalism.
Creagh Weightman Lawyers
Creagh Weightman is a leading commercial law firm, established in 1999 to assist clients with practical and relevant legal advice.
When it comes to the different areas of law, from business and commercial law through to building, construction and property law, our legal experts can provide the assistance you need.
Our experienced commercial and business lawyers in Brisbane CBD also handle private legal cases and provide up-to-date legal advice to protect your best interests. We also offer legal services covering superannuation, dispute resolutions, conveyancing and succession planning. With our expertise and experience, you can expect only the best from our Brisbane law firm.
OUR PERSONAL APPROACH
At Creagh Weightman Lawyers, your satisfaction is always a priority. Each commercial lawyer is Brisbane-based, a specialist in their field and has been specifically selected for their ability to communicate and work closely with our clients. You will be guided through every step of the legal process, whether it’s about the sales and acquisitions of a property or about joint ventures and issuance of shares.
With personalised advice from our understanding commercial and business lawyers, our Brisbane and Australia-wide clientele find that the right decisions can be made more quickly and with more confidence.
BRISBANE LAWYERS COVERING ALL INDUSTRIES
As one of the leading commercial law firms in Brisbane, Creagh Weightman Lawyers has been assisting big and small businesses and beyond since our establishment for more than 2 decades. This experience has provided us with in-depth knowledge when handling a diverse clientele in different industries. We help clients in different key areas of commercial law from complying with local standards, resolving disputes, managing employee contracts, to establishing legal structures. Your chosen Creagh Weightman litigation, commercial or business lawyer in Brisbane will aim to achieve outcomes that will put your best interests above others.
K Park Law
Whether you’re a start-up, planning to buy or sell a business, or looking for advice on a business dispute, our team of expert business lawyers can help.
We have extensive experience across all the industries our clients operate in. We offer a wide range of practical legal solutions for individuals, start-ups and small to medium sized enterprises.
Our team of business lawyers can help you with:
- Business structures: If you are establishing a new business enterprise we can help you make sure that you are setting the business up soundly, whether by partnership, joint venture, company, trust or franchise. If you’re looking to restructure your business we can help with partnership dissolutions and corporate restructures.
- Business contracts: Our commercial lawyers can prepare or review all types of legal contracts including purchase or sale of business, Put and Call Options, franchise agreements, supply agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, partnership agreements, commercial contracts. We’ll make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future and ensure that due diligence standards are met. For buyers, we ensure that you get what you pay for – for sellers, we help minimise risks associated with selling a business.
- Commercial disputes and commercial litigation: We offer dispute resolution services and business litigation covering a wide range of problems including breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, copyright infringement, partnership disputes and corporations law.
- Corporations law: We can assist with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance, documenting company administrations.
- Franchises: If you’re looking to buy into a franchise we can help you go through the franchise agreement and franchisor disclosure documents to make sure that you are aware of all of the issues that could make or break your new business.
- Copyright, trademarks and patents: We can help you manage and enforce your intellectual property rights, including litigation where needed. We can also help you with registering designs, patents and trademarks.
- Property and leasing: We can assist with retail leasing and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants. We can also assist with the sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Commercial law and small business legal advice: We offer small business legal help in a wide range of matters including trade practices law and consumer law.
- Workplace and employment: We can draw up or review employment contracts and workplace agreements as well as assist with disputes and unfair dismissals. We can also assist with occupational health and safety issues.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency: We can assist with the whole process of recovering money owed to you from an initial Letter of Demand through to Statement of Claim and Court Judgment.
- Taxation and finance: we can draft and review mortgages, guarantees, charges and other securities documentation as well as advise in regard to GST, Capital Gains and Land Tax.
- Business succession and asset protection: You need a plan in place to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected. We can work with your business and family to devise a plan that keeps your hard won assets safe through unit, discretionary and family trusts, Wills and/or Powers of Attorney.
Whatever your circumstances, a good business lawyer on your side can help you mitigate the costly risks associated with running any business.
Spranklin McCartney Lawyers
Brisbane Business Lawyers – Establishing and running a business or commercial venture is never an easy task; however, the quality of advice and assistance you receive will make an immense difference to the outcome of your operations.
What is Business and Commercial Law?
Business and Commercial Law, your Brisbane business lawyers, is a broad area encompassing a range of relationships and transactions between persons and/or commercial entities.
Spranklin McCartney Lawyers, your Brisbane business lawyers, can provide expert legal advice and assistance in:
- Sale and acquisition of private companies involving share sales and purchases;
- Sale and acquisition of businesses;
- Company, business & trust structures;
- Setting up private companies, partnerships and joint ventures;
- Establishing discretionary and unit trusts;
- Establishing self managed superannuation funds;
- Preparing and/or reviewing company constitutions and shareholder agreements;
- Agency agreements;
- Franchise agreements;
- Employment matters;
- Disputes (i.e. shareholder, oppression, winding up, sale etc);
- Company powers of attorney; and
- General business and company advice.
With extensive experience in the legal industry, our lawyers – Brisbane business lawyers – have been involved in a wide variety of business and company law matters, ranging from small business ventures to large scale projects.
We are reputable Brisbane business lawyers and offer in-depth knowledge and years of experience. We believe in the concept of honesty, transparency of all costs involved and open communication. Please contact us if you need any information related to business and commercial law.
For more information on how we can assist you, please contact our office.